WEBSITE TERMS & CONDITIONS OF USAGE
IMPORTANT: YOUR USE OF THIS WEBSITE MEANS THAT YOU ACCEPT THE FOLLOWING TERMS. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE, YOU MUST EXIT HEARINGTEST.CO.UK.
The hearingtest.co.uk website materials are provided on an ”as is” basis to users free of charge.
We shall not be liable for losses arising out of use of this website, whether a) direct or indirect, special, incidental or consequential loss or damage or b) any loss of profits, revenue, contracts, data, or goodwill, or c) any loss arising from work restriction or computer failure.
We do not accept any liability for any errors in or omissions from information, materials and functions included in the website materials.
It is possible that we may need to disclose personal information when required by law. We will disclose such information where we have a good-faith belief that such disclosure is necessary to comply with a court order, ongoing judicial proceeding, or other legal process served on us or to exercise our legal rights or defend against any potential legal claims.
We also reserve the right to share personal information if we believe (in our sole discretion) it is necessary in order to investigate, prevent, or report illegal activities (including fraud) or situations involving actual or potential threats to the safety of any person or property.
What rights do you have?
You have certain rights under UK data protection legislation, including the option to:
- access your personal information – you will not be charged for this service
- rectify your personal information if it is inaccurate or incomplete
- erase your personal information and prevent further processing in specific circumstances and where there is no other lawful ground for continuing to retain and process that information.
- you have the right to be informed about the collection and use of your personal data.
- you have the right to restrict processing or block processing of your personal data
- you have right to data portability – allowing you to retain and reuse your personal data for your own purpose
- you have the right to object to your personal data being used. This includes, if you want to object us using your personal data for the purpose of direct marketing, scientific and historical research, or for the performance of a task in the public interest.
- you have the right of automated decision making and profiling – protecting you against the risk that a potentially damaging decision can be made without human intervention. For example, you can choose not to be the subject of a decision where the consequence has a legal bearing on them or is based on automated processing.
To request any of the above rights please e-mail us on email@example.com
Please remember to provide as much detail as you can as this will help us to find the information
Protecting personal information
We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your personal information from unauthorised access and use including saving all customer information on our cloud server which is encrypted.
As effective as modern security practices are, no physical or electronic security system is entirely secure. We cannot guarantee the complete security of our environment, nor can we guarantee that information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted to us over the internet. Any transmission is at your own risk.
In the event that there is an interception of your personal information or unauthorised access or use of our environment, we will not be liable or responsible for any resulting misuse of your personal information.
We have no control over the contents of third party sites or resources which are linked to our website and we accept no responsibility or liability for them or the privacy practices they use or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of such websites or resources.